- Address: School of Education Alexandria Hall, Room 335
- Phone Number: 318.487.7304
- Ed.D, Education, University of Louisiana Lafayette
- M.Ed., Educational Leadership/Administration, Northwestern State University
- B.S., Business Administration, Northwestern State University
- State of Louisiana Certification for Education Leadership/K-12 Administration
- State of Louisiana Teacher Certification, Louisiana College, Pineville, LA
- Montessori Certification for Elementary Education, Southwestern Training Institute of Texas
Assistant Professor, Teacher Education
Dr. Craig currently serves as Assistant Professor in the School of Education. She began her academic career at Northwestern State University by earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with emphasis on Management and Marketing. Upon moving to the field of education, Dr. Craig earned certification in Elementary Education through Louisiana College’s TEACH program. In addition, she earned her Montessori teaching certification through the Southwestern Montessori Training Institute of Texas. In 1997, Dr. Craig graduated from Northwestern State University with a Masters of Education degree with emphasis in Educational Leadership. She later received her Educational Doctorate degree in the field of Educational Leadership from the University of Louisiana in Lafayette, Louisiana.
While her professional career began in the field of business administration, both Dr. Craig and her husband realized their calling, made the transition, and have embraced the educational field for nearly 20 years. Her public school teaching and administrative experiences range from that of classroom teacher, lead teacher, and Assistant Principal to Principal. In 2009, Dr. Craig was named Assistant Principal of the Year for the State of Louisiana. She has also presented at numerous symposia and professional meetings on topics such as school climate, performance and improvement. While teaching in the undergraduate program, she also teaches courses for the MAT degree plan, as well as those for the Leadership Certification Program.
Dr. Craig has a passion for increasing awareness of the importance of positive school climates, as well as the building of positive collegial relationships among administrators and educators. In addition to teaching and leading, Dr. Craig enjoys painting, entertaining family and friends, and traveling. She and her husband Brent have two children, Braxton and Jaxon.
- ED 250 Fine Arts for the Elementary School Teacher. 3 hrs.
- ED 323 Assessment of the Mathematical Understandings of Learners. 3 hrs.
- ED 385 Instructional Strategies in the Content Area. 3 hrs.
- ED 570 The Professional Teacher. 9 hrs.
- ED 576 Methods of Teaching Math/Science in an Integrated Curriculum. 2 hrs.
- ED 577 Practicum in Math/Science Methods and Strategies. 1 hr.
- ED 579 Methods of Instruction. 3 hrs.
- ED 600 Educational Leadership Using Research Design and Technology. 3 hrs.
- ED 603 Advanced Practitioner Teacher Internship. 3-9 hrs.
- ED 710 Culture, Diversity, & Educational Philosophies. 3 hrs.
- ED 715 Data Driven School Leadership. 3 hrs.
- ED 725 School Management: Finance and Personnel. 3 hrs.
- ED 727 Current Issues Facing School Leaders. 3 hrs.
- ED 730 Professional Ethics and School Law. 3 hrs.
- ED 750 School Leadership Practicum/Internship. 3 hrs.
- Craig, A. (2012, March). The Relationship Between School Climate and School Performance Scores. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the Louisiana Educational Research Association. Lafayette, LA, March 8-9.
- Olivier, D., Craig, A., Dalcourt, G., & Lemoine, P. (2012, March) Essence of Conceptual Frameworks: A Guide for Developing a Research Dissertation. Symposium Presentation presented at the Louisiana Educational Research Association Annual Conference. Lafayette, LA, March 8-9.
- Trahan, M., Craig, A., Umstead, H., Zenon, D., & Rodriguez, G. (2012, March) The Intersection of School Improvement and Turnaround: A Qualitative Study and Conceptual Model. Poster Presentation presented at the Louisiana Educational Research Association Annual Conference. Lafayette, LA March 8-9.
- School Improvement
- School Culture and Climate
- Attributes of Effective Learning Environments
- Teacher Retention