- Future Students
- Giving to LC
You are here
Louisiana College preserves and maintains permanent institution records relating to each student. Information contained in these records can be made available to authorized persons or institutions, as a service to students, in accordance with the following policies:
Student Right to Privacy
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act requires that personal identifiable information, other than general "directory information," be released only with the written permission of the student. The College is required by law to release student information if requested by judicial order or lawfully issued subpoena. If such action becomes necessary, the student will be notified in advance of compliance.
The "directory information" listed below is customarily made available to students, their families, and the general public upon request without the consent of the student.
Students may request that all or part of this "directory information" be withheld by making written request to the Registrar. Requests must be received by the end of late registration each semester.
- Date and place of birth
- Current and permanent addresses and phone numbers
- E-Mail Address
- Major and minor field of study
- Hours currently enrolled
- Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
- Dates of attendance
- Degrees and awards received
- Previous educational institutions attended
- Weight and height (for athletics)
Academic records are maintained by the Vice President for Academic Affairs. They constitute the student's permanent record and will contain only information relevant to academic performance and will be available only to authorized persons.
Judicial records contain information relating to student violations of College policy and are kept in the office of the Dean of Students. They are kept separate from academic records and are available only to authorized persons.
Accessibility to Records
Students are free to examine copies of their own academic and judicial records maintained by the College. Any student who desires to review his or her record may make a written request to the College custodian of the record. The custodian will provide a copy of the record to the student within 45 days.
Student Right to Challenge Records
Any student who desires to challenge the accuracy or completeness of a written College record will follow these procedures:
- The student will submit to the custodian of the record a written statement setting forth the specific inaccuracy or incompleteness of the record. The statement or challenge will be filed as part of the record pertaining to the student.
- If further action is desired, the student will confer with the custodian of the record concerning the matter and attempt to resolve the matter satisfactorily. Any settlement agreed upon will be reduced to writing signed by the student and custodian, and made a part of the record.
- If the challenge is not settled by the student and custodian, the student will have the right of appeal to the Student Appeals Committee by submitting a copy of the challenge and the record to the Committee. After a hearing, the committee will determine the validity of the challenge. The decision of the Committee will be reduced to writing and made a part of the record.
The above procedure will not be employed to challenge the validity of a grade or any other decision given by a College professor or administrator. Appeals of grades must be made in accordance with the Academic Complaint Procedure. Appeals of disciplinary decision must be made in accordance with the disciplinary appeals process.
Location of Student Records
In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, the offices in which student records are maintained, along with the College custodian in charge of the records, are listed below:
|Academic||course records, grades, transcripts, immunization records||Registrar||Alexandria Hall
applications, ACT scores, recommendations
|Director of Admissions and Registrar||Alexandria Hall
Room 108 or 146
|Counseling & Testing||test scores, anecdotal records||Director of Counseling and Special Services||Hixson Student Center
|Discipline||investigative records, transcripts of hearings, chapel attendance||Vice President for Student Development||Hixson Student Center
|Financial Aid||aid applications, financial statements, award letters||Director of Financial Aid||Alexandria Hall
|Housing||room assignments, damage deposit records||Director of Residence Life||Hixson Student Center
|Medical||health examinations, medical history, donor records, physicians records||Coordinator of Health Services||Hixson Student Center
|Placement||recommendations, references, resumes||Director of Career Planning and Placement||Hixson Student Center