- Future Students
- Giving to LC
- Quick Links
You are here
TEACH Grant for Undergraduate Students
UNDERGRADUATE TEACH GRANT 2013-2014
(Fall, Spring, Summer)
Priority Deadlines: Fall May 1, 2013 / Spring Oct. 1, 2013 / Summer April 1, 2014
1. Must have plans to teach.
2. Must plan to teach in a high need field and/or area of teacher shortage per federal and state guidelines. www.tcli.ed.gov
3. Must plan to teach at a low income school per federal and state guidelines. www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ope/pol/tsa.doc
4. To qualify, you must possess a 3.25 GPA or higher; or have scored above the 75th percentile in one of the core batteries of the ACT/SAT test.
5. Must be enrolled in coursework that is necessary to begin a career in teaching.
Steps to Take
- Complete 2013-2014 FAFSA www.FAFSA.ed.gov
- Complete 2013-14 TEACH Grant Counseling & Agreement to Serve (ATS) www.teach-ats.ed.gov. Email email@example.com to notify that the TEACH Counseling and ATS have been completed for the current year.
- Complete Undergraduate Financial Aid Data Form (see loan information below)
- It is the student’s responsibility to supply a copy of ONE of the following to Financial Aid:
Copy of official, final transcript to show 3.25 GPA
ACT/SAT report to show 75th percentile as stated above
You may FAX to 318-487-7449 or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the Facts https://teach-ats.ed.gov
LOANS are Available in Addition to TEACH Grant
Complete the 2013-14 FAFSA and complete the 2013-14 Undergraduate Data Form (all pages). This may be obtained in our office or online www.lacollege.edu (finances tab, financial aid form bank). You may FAX the Data Form with cover sheet to 318-487-7449.
*** FAFSA, ATS and Counseling must be completed ANNUALLY. An additional Data Form must be completed for the Summer Semester.