You are here
TEACH Grant for Master's Students
MASTER’S FINANCIAL AID for 2013-2014
(Fall, Spring, Summer)
Priority Deadlines: Fall May 1, 2013 / Spring Oct. 1, 2013 / Summer April 1, 2014
- Must plan to teach in a high need field and/or area of teacher shortage per federal and state guidelines. www.tcli.ed.gov
- Must plan to teach at a low income school per federal and state guidelines. www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ope/pol/tsa.doc
- To qualify, you must possess a 3.25 GPA or higher; or have scored above the 75th percentile in one of the core batteries of the ACT/SAT/GRE test, or be a highly qualified, full-time teacher as determined by the state in which you are teaching. (We must have a letter on school letterhead from your principal stating you are a “FULL-TIME TEACHER” and what you are presently teaching.)
- Must be enrolled in coursework that is necessary to begin a career in teaching.
Steps to Take
- Complete 2013-2014 FAFSA www.FAFSA.ed.gov.
- Complete 2013-14 TEACH Grant Counseling & Agreement to Serve (ATS) www.teach-ats.ed.gov. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify that the TEACH Counseling and ATS have been completed for the current year.
- Complete Master’s Financial Aid Data Form
- It is the student’s responsibility to supply a copy of ONE of the following to Financial Aid to either prove cumulative GPA or by-pass GPA requirement:
Copy of official, final transcript to show 3.25 GPA
ACT/SAT/GRE report to show 75th percentile as stated above
Letter from Principal, on school letterhead, stating you are CURRENTLY a FULL-TIME TEACHER and what you teach
You may FAX to 318-487-7449 or scan and email to email@example.com .
Get the Facts https://teach-ats.ed.gov
LOANS are Available in Addition to TEACH Grant
Complete the 2013-14 FAFSA and complete the 2013-14 Master’s Data Form (all pages). This may be obtained in our office or online www.lacollege.edu (finances tab, financial aid form bank). You may email or FAX the Data Form with cover sheet to 318-487-7449 Attention: Pam.
*** FAFSA, ATS and Counseling must be completed ANNUALLY. An additional Data Form must be completed for the Summer Semester.