You are here
Financial Aid Code of Conduct
Louisiana College Financial Aid
Code Of Conduct And Statement Of Ethical Principals
Louisiana College staff adheres to the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) Statement of Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct for Institutional Financial Aid Professionals:
At LC, we will never:
- Accept payment or other material benefits from any outside entity in exchange for loan referrals or preferential treatment.
- Accept gifts from or enter a revenue sharing agreement with any private lender, guarantor, or servicer of education loans.
- Accept consulting fees or other contractual financial benefits from a private lender or provider of student loans.
- Steer borrowers to a particular lenders or delaying loan certifications.
- Make offers of funds for private loans to students in exchange for providing concessions or promises to the lender for a specific number of FSA loans, a specified loan volume, or a preferred lender arrangement.
- Enter into any type of consulting arrangement or contract to provide services to or on behalf of a lender relating to education loans
- Serve on an advisory board, commission, or group established by lenders or guarantors, except for reimbursement for reasonable expenses.