You are here
(1) To educate, from a Christian perspective, a professional nurse to practice within a caring context.
(2) To prepare a nurse generalist to assume nursing positions in a variety of health care settings.
(3) To prepare the professional nurse for graduate and lifelong learning.
1. Integrate knowledge, values, and attitudes acquired in the humanities, natural sciences, social sciences, and nursing into the holistic care of clients in a variety of health care settings.
2. Assimilate the Neuman Systems Model within a nursing practice framework for clients throughout the wellness to illness continuum.
3. Manage care as a member of the profession within the context of a Christian worldview in the provision of health care that fosters respect for cultural and religious diversity and facilitates ethical choices in nursing practice.
4. Coordinate care in collaboration with members of the health care team that incorporates complex problem solving, influences change, and facilitates activities which result in achievement of goals for improving individual, family and community health care outcomes.
5. Create awareness of professional role development through the avenues of evidence-based practice, graduate education, and lifelong learning.