- Future Students
- Giving to LC
- Quick Links
You are here
Master of Arts in Teaching / TEACH Program
The Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) is the first graduate degree to be offered by Louisiana College in its distinguished 103 year history. Upon receiving initial approval from the Southern Association Commission on Colleges, Louisiana College implemented the new MAT program summer of 2008. This program is designed for individuals who hold baccalaureate degrees in traditional disciplines in the arts, humanities, and sciences and desire to achieve advanced preparation and/or professional teacher certification. The program is intended to be ongoing with a combination of traditional classes supplemented by online/Blackboard facilitated instruction.
Participants who are already certified teachers must meet certain basic requirements to be admitted to the MAT program:
- hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university
- a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher with bachelor's degree or alternative certification program coursework.
- hold a valid teaching license
- be a highly qualified classroom teacher (ie..licensed in Louisiana or home state).
- submitted TEACH/MAT Application and all required documents
In order for a MAT candidate to graduate from the MAT, he/she must meet the following criteria:
- Completed all coursework (33 hours) with an overall 3.0 GPA or higher
- No more than 12 hours of coursework with a grade of C
- No grades of D or F
Participants who are non-certified teachers must meet the basic requirements to be admitted to the TEACH program.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on certification requirments through the TEACH Program.