Administrative Assistant for the Vice President for Academic Affairs Office
Louisiana College is seeking applicants for an Administrative Assistant for the Vice President for Academic Affairs Office. The Administrative Assistant performs clerical and related duties requiring the application of departmental procedure and policy and other duties, such as, facilitating the daily operation of the VPAA Office; receiving incoming phone calls and guests in the office; scheduling appointments; maintaining the VPAA’s calendar; channeling inquiries and paperwork to other offices as needed; working carefully with confidential and sensitive material; managing and coordinating confidential matters for the VPAA; and assisting the VPAA in other matters as needed.
Skills Required: This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple issues and projects in a fast paced environment; must have knowledge of basic office operations and computer skills; must be able to create documents, spreadsheets, organizational charts, and reports using a variety of software products (MS Word, Excel); must employ excellent written and grammatical skills; and must possess a high degree of discretion, judgment, tact, and poise. High School diploma or equivalent required. Two year College degree or Technical College in a business related field preferred.
Applicants should send an application for employment and resume, including the names and addresses of three references to Louisiana College HR Dept, 1140 College Drive, Box 381, Pineville, LA 71359 or e-mail information to email@example.com.
Coordinator of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Louisiana College Office of Academic Affairs has an immediate opening for Coordinator of Institutional Research & Effectiveness. Reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Coordinator for Institutional Research & Effectiveness will be responsible for the collection, maintenance, and reporting of institutional data and the preparation of reports essential to institutional decision-making and planning. The person will work hand in hand to provide exceptional customer service to departments, divisions, and schools as they creatively develop collection methods and uses of various institutional data. This person will also work, as needed, with institutional departments in the collection and reporting of institutional data to both internal and external entities. Applicants must have significant experience in the areas listed under Responsibilities. Applicants should speak directly to this experience when making application for this position.
- As an IPEDS “Key Holder” the individual will be responsible for generating and submitting data mandated by state, federal, and other external agencies.
- Research and provide reports to administration, Board of Trustee committees (as necessary), and accreditation agencies. This includes the development of the FactBook, maintaining an IR website on the lacollege.edu webpage, and providing support for other offices as necessary.
- Development, implementation, and management of online course evaluation measures
- Inputting and Managing information entered into the institution’s Institutional Effectiveness software system – Compliance Assist.
- Managing the institution’s use of SurveyMonkey software products
- Creating and Maintaining database query language to ensure accurate data reporting
- Ensuring development of appropriate reports through the institution’s Jenzabar Ex system (Infomaker)
- Create and maintain data for use by department chairs and division heads
- Assist in training faculty and staff in the use of IR software and resources
- Provide data based analysis of institutional data to key institutional decision makers
- Develop processes to link institutional policies to institutional research data collection to ensure policy compliance
- Respond to data requests as needed
- Other data management duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Education Research, Statistics, Computer Science, Social Science Research or other relevant field
- Experience with database management, data extraction, data analysis, survey design, and presentation
- Experience in developing reports for a variety of audiences
- At least two years’ experience in higher education administration
- Experience with Survey Monkey
- Experience with Jenzabar EX
- Ability to clearly communicate in written form, orally, and develop clear presentations
- Ability to work in a pressure environment
- Experience in an institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Adherence to the institution’s mission statement
- A professing, born again, Christian
Louisiana College is a private, Baptist, coeducational college of liberal arts and sciences with selected professional and graduate programs, located in Pineville, LA. The College was founded in 1906 and is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the Louisiana Baptist Convention. It has an enrollment of about 1,400 undergraduate and 400 graduate students and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Applicants should send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts and the names, addresses, telephone and email of three references to: Dr. Cheryl Clark, Interim Vice President for Academic Affairs, Louisiana College, P. O. Box 567, Pineville, LA 71359 or e-mail information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.