- Future Students
- Giving to LC
- Quick Links
You are here
Wildcat Welcome Week 2015
Wildcat Welcome Week is Louisiana College's orientation for all incoming freshman. It's a time to meet the students and staff that you'll be around for the next four years. This week will introduce you to LC by placing you in groups led by upperclassmen where you'll learn about the essentials of collegiate life. This week exists for you, and the Student Orientation Staff looks forward to meeting you.
Welcome Week is mandatory for all incoming freshman (including commuters). This activity and information packed week will count as a part of the required College Connection 100 Grade. The cost for Welcome Week is $125.00 and will be applied to your CC100 Class fee. No payment is required until registration.
Welcome Week Schedule
- August 15th: The freshman class will be able to move into the dorms on this day. Check in will run from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. At 6:00 PM we invite all freshmen and their families to join us for a cookout on the lawn of Cottingham.
- August 15th: From 10:00am - 4:00 PM, Welcome Week registration will begin in Martin Performing Arts Center (MPAC) for students to get their name tag, schedule, t-shirt and all other materials.
- August 15th: Family cookout in Cottingham Forest for all incoming freshmen and their immediate families.
- August 16th: A student led worship service for all freshmen and their families in MPAC (optional) at 9:00am.
- August 16h: At 2:00 PM, residence halls will open for all other LC students.
- August 16th - August 21st: Welcome Week/Student Orientation (each day will be packed with activities so come prepared to stay for the day if you are a commuter)
- August 24th: Classes begin.
- If you're living on campus, bring everything that you'll need to move in for the semester.
- Commuters are free to go home at the end of each day's event.
- Be sure to bring athletic clothes and shoes, a sense of humor, and any costumes or wigs you might have.
- All meals will be provided Monday through Thursday (excluding breakfast). You may, however, purchase breakfast in Hattie B's if you wish. On Friday the students will begin using their meal plans. Accommodations will be made for students without meal plans starting on Friday.
We need to know that you're coming. Please compete the registration form.
Follow Louisiana College and Student Activities on Twitter for more information about Welcome Week. @LA_College @LC_studacts
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: IS WILDCAT WELCOME WEEK MANDATORY?
A: Wildcat Welcome Week is part of the CC100 course which is required for all incoming freshmen. Orientation week attendance is required and absence from any part of the week will be treated as an absence for a class. As with any class excessive absences will reflect on your CC100 course grade.
Q: DO I HAVE TO BE AT LC ON SATURDAY?
A: The dorms are open only to freshmen on Saturday, August 15th to move in and get settled. If you do not want to take advantage of this time the dorms will not re-open for move in until Sunday, August 16th at 2:00pm when all of the upper classmen will be returning.
On Saturday evening at 6:00pm we will be hosting a cookout for all incoming freshmen and their families. This will be a time for you and your family to meet and mingle with the Residence Life Staff, the Student Orientation Staff and the Faculty and Administration of LC. Though this event is optional we would love to have you there. You can make your reservation for this event on your Wildcat Welcome Week registration form.
Q: WHEN DO I NEED TO REGISTER FOR WELCOME WEEK?
A: We need all registrations forms into the Student Activities Office by August 1st. Completing this form is your initial registration for Welcome Week. On Saturday, August 15th we will have the final registration in the Martin Perfroming Arts Center (MPAC) where you will receive your group assignment, name tag, schedule and Welcome Week t-shirt. Registration from 10:00am - 4:00pm is the start of the mandatory portion of Welcome Week. All events on Saturday and Sunday morning are optional, but encouraged.
Q: HOW DO I REGISTER FOR WELCOME WEEK?
A: There is a link to the registration form on this website. The registration form can be submitted by email, fax or through the mail. All registration forms need to be returned to the Student Activities Office no later than August 1st.
Q: IF MY FAMILY COMES WITH ME ON SATURDAY FOR MOVE IN AND THE COOKOUT WHERE DO THEY NEED TO STAY?
A: There is a link on the www.lacollege.edu/w3 page that has local hotels in the area. Unfortunately family members will not be allowed to stay in your dorm room with you.
Q: DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR WELCOME WEEK WHEN I REGISTER?
A: The course fee for Welcome Week/CC100 will be added to your bill when you finalize your registration with the Registrar’s Office.
Q: WHEN DOES WELCOME WEEK END?
A: Welcome Week will conclude on Friday afternoon after the Freshmen Service Project.
Q: IF I HAVE A JOB OR HAVE PLANNED SUMMER VACATION WITH MY FAMILY MAY I BE EXCUSED FROM WELCOME WEEK ACTIVITIES?
A: Because Welcome Week is a significant portion of the CC100 grade all students are required to attend Welcome Week. Any absences from activities will have a direct impact on the student’s orientation grade. This week should be viewed as any other class so we encourage all students to make arrangements to be off from work during this time.
For any questions you may have about Welcome Week please feel free to contact Ms. KB Thomas, Director of Student Activities in the Office of Student Development.
Office Phone: 318-487-7124
Office Fax: 318-487-7755
Hotel Information for Parents
For parents who wish to stay on Saturday’s move in to enjoy the cookout and the student led worship service on Sunday morning, the following are some hotels we recommend that are fairly close to the college.
Holiday Inn Express
2340 N. MacArthur Dr
2001 N. Bolton Ave
6124 W. Calhoun Dr
Country Inn & Suites
2727 Monroe Hwy, Pineville, LA, 71360